Centenary

Home

Foundation stone centenary

 

Visiting Preachers

Centenary Four O'clock service

Centenary weekend services

Centenary dinner

Centenary concert - The Creation

Centenary Patronal Festival Weekend

 

St. Michael and All Angels was built in the early nineteen hundreds and opened its doors for worship on 1908.  The hall was built first, in 1904, and was used for worship while the church was being built.

The Foundation Stone was laid on 15th June 1907 and is set on the outside of the East wall.  It is inscribed with a plain cross and the wording ' TO THE GLORY OF GOD'.

During 2008 we held several events to celebrate our centenary.  These started with a centenary Four O'clock Service for the younger members of the church.  We then had two services during our Centenary weekend.  A Centenary dinner was enjoyed by all and the choir sang Hayden's The Creation.  We finished our year by holding an Exhibition over the weekend of our Patronal festival of the history of Abbey Wood and its church.  The weekend finished with our Patronal festival Mass on the Sunday Evening.